CATEGORY: Short Courses & Training
Course Access: Lifetime
Carbon Literacy is a practical and interactive course that trains participants on how to understand their organisation’s direct and indirect greenhouse gas emissions and what steps they will need to take to measure, report and reduce them. The training covers the policy landscape and the urgency of transitioning to low carbon practices. Participants will learn the terminology, basic maths and target setting of carbon emissions and the difference between boundaries and Scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions.
What will you learn?
- The global, EU and national legislation on climate change, key targets and dates and the implications of the Climate Action Act 2021 for Irish companies
- The physical and strategic risks climate change poses to businesses and the urgency of transitioning to low carbon practices, by understanding the terminology, basic maths and target setting of greenhouse gas emissions
- The difference between Scope 1, 2, and 3 emissions and what emissions companies are responsible for
- How to compare the climate impact of different forms of transport and the most sustainable methods for the movement of freight over road, rail, air, and sea
- How to set appropriate and realistic boundaries for carbon accounting
- The 3-Step ’Measure, Optimise and Reduce’ plan to put a decarbonisation strategy in place
- Understand the next steps and practical tools needed to measure, report and reduce emissions
Who should attend?
Senior Management, Heads of Sustainability and Sustainability Teams, Supply Chain Managers, Logistics Managers, Operations Managers, all staff who require an understanding of carbon footprinting
This course is worth 4 CPD hours for IST members.