The Sustainable Procurement course trains companies on how to assess their current procurement processes and how to adopt more sustainable practices going forward. The course provides an overview of the Smart Freight Centre’s Freight Procurement Guidelines developed in conjunction with the World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD). This course will bring participants up to date on the Circular Economy and Green Procurement (Clause 8.3 within ISO50001) in the context of a rapidly changing legislative and business environment.
What will you learn?
- The rapidly changing legislative and climate context and the ethical and business cases for sustainable logistics procurement (with case studies)
- The meaning of the circular economy and how it may apply to your business
- The priorities and criteria being used in Green Public Procurement
- The approach taken by the SFC/WBCSD Freight Procurement Guidelines
- The key steps for implementing sustainable procurement strategies including preparation, planning, tendering and contracting, and managing and reporting
- How to engage, measure and report carbon savings from within their SME carriers
Who should attend?
Senior Management, Heads of Sustainability and Sustainability Officers, Supply Chain Managers, Logistics Managers, Operations Managers
This course is worth 4 CPD hours for IST members.